Humans are complicated beasts. How can a queen be both a good witch and a bad witch? How can a prince be a murderer and a saviour? How can an apothecary be evil-tempered but right-thinking? How can a parson be wrong-thinking but good-hearted? How can invisible men make themselves more lonely by being seen?
The answer is that it does not matter what you think because your mind will contradict itself a hundred times each day. Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both.
—The Monster, A Monster Calls (via fucksocietyandco)
- elascalza likes this
- sukipants reblogged this from fucksocietyandco
- nevercaredmuchforsouls reblogged this from fucksocietyandco
- daniee82 likes this
- mezas213 reblogged this from fucksocietyandco
- mezas213 likes this
- lemonliima reblogged this from fucksocietyandco
- shizsnapple likes this
- beautifulme4ever likes this
- fucksocietyandco posted this